Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Amy Nicholson on "Lone Survivor"

Before today I didn't know the name #AmyNicholson (I'm moderately embarassed she shares my moms' Maiden name, but rest-assured there's NO RELATION!) as the day has gone on, I wish I never HAD heard her name. This humanoid, who no doubt has a "Once You Vote Black, You Never Go Back" bumper sticker on her tiny lil electric car in LeftieWeird CA, is by far one of THE MOST vile & disgusting individuals with whom we must share oxygen.

Lemme start by saying two things: 1. I haven't read Marcus Luttrells' book "Lone Survivor;" and 2. Nor have I seen the movie by the same name starring MarkyMark Wahlberg #heart. 

Why, you ask? Because I'm pretty sure it was just released in all cities last Friday and the TRAILERS bring tears to my eyes. That said, I wear glasses & when I cry they fog up, I can't see and it's just a MESS...

So watching Stu struggle to read #AmyNicholson's "review" on @GlennBeck's radio show made the bile rise in my throat. Thankfully I haven't eaten. Let's start with the TITLE:

"Lone Survivor Has Too Much Violence and Jingoism for Its Own Good"

Me, being me, I had to Google "Jingoism" because it's not in my "patriotic" vocab. It's a lovely word and me thinks the "lady" doth "project" since it seems it was HER ?resident and HIS "foreign policy" (or lack thereof) who sent OUR MILITARY into Afghanistan to begin with... I digress:

Jingoism is patriotism in the form of aggressive foreign policy.

Jingoism 1. belligerent nationalism: extreme patriotism expressing itself especially in hostility toward other countries.

Oh, and it gets better! I'm just going to copy & paste what this lady (term used loosely) wrote. Whether you've seen the flic, or not (and I doubt she did) let's DISCUSS!

"Here's a movie that'll flop in Kabul. Lone Survivor, the latest by Battleship director Peter Berg, is a jingoistic snuff film about a Navy SEAL squadron outgunned by the Taliban in the mountainous Kunar province. After four soldiers — played with muscles and machismo by Mark Wahlberg, Taylor Kitsch, Emile Hirsch and Ben Foster — get ID'd by Afghan goat herders, they're in a race to climb to the top of the nearest summit and summon an airlift before these civilians can sprint to the nearest village and alert local leader Ahmad Shah. It doesn't go well." http://www.laweekly.com/2013-12-26/film-tv/lone-survivor-mark-wahlberg-review/

I'm going to take a little break here. Let's discuss on Twitter... My teeth are grinding and it's difficult to type with clenched fists... 

No comments:

Post a Comment